One of our favorite seafood recipes. This Low Country Boil recipe is one of our favorite ways to feed a crowd.
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 pounds small potatoes
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 2 in. pieces
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and halved
- 2 pounds of large fresh shrimp, peeled
- ½ c. of The Spice Guy Bayou Bay Crab Boil blend
- Optional: cocktail sauce, extra lemon and melted butter
- Fill large stock pot with 4-6 quarts of water. Add lemon and Bayou Crab Boil blend and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes, return to boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and onions, return to boil and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add corn, return to boil and cook until potatoes and corn are cooked.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring gently until shrimp turn pink. (About 3 more minutes)
- Drain in colander and serve on newspaper with optional sauces — cocktail, melted butter and lemon wedges.
- This recipe is traditionally dumped and served on newspaper and eaten with your hands. Although it’s highly recommended, if you can’t handle it, you can skip it.
Keywords: low country boil, shrimp, seafood recipes, seafood, shrimp recipes, bayou crab boil