This is an awesome weeknight winner. It’s easy, delicious and fast. The most important thing is to make sure you buy quality fish, you already have #certified-dope spices, so just make sure you visit a fish-friendly butcher shop or head to the fish case at a local grocery store!
- 4 salmon fillets, skin-on (about 6-8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 T. Roasted Garlic Blend
- fresh lemon wedges
- Let salmon rest on the counter for 15 minutes, or until they have come to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry on all sides with paper towels. Doing this to the skin is especially important so the fish doesn’t stick to the foil. Place the salmon skin-side-down the prepared baking sheet (or skillet). If the ends of the salmon filets are really thin, just tuck them under a bit for even cooking.
- Brush the salmon on all sides (except the bottom) with oil. Sprinkle each filet with a generous pinch of the Roasted Garlic Blend.
- Bake until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 135-140°F*, about 4-6 minutes per half inch of thickness (measured by the thickest part of the filet). You can also test for doneness by inserting a fork or knife in the salmon and twisting it a bit; the fish should be opaque and flake easily.
- Remove pan from the oven and transfer the salmon to a serving plate. Sprinkle each filet with a good squeeze of lemon juice, plus any sauce that you like. We especially like yogurt based cream sauces for this dish. It’s easy; just whip together a spoonful of greek yogurt with a squirt of lemon, a squirt of olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Voila.