Sweet Heat Breakfast Burritos
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
Well, in most parts of the country, its fall ya’ll. Colder mornings mean one thing to me. Hot breakfast! And nothing beats a sweet heat burrito packed with egg, bacon, peppers and of course some spice!
• 12 bacon strips, chopped
• 12 large eggs
• 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
• 1 tablespoon Sweet Heat Blend
• 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
• 1/4 green bell pepper (diced)
• 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Remove all but 1-2 tablespoons drippings from pan.
- Whisk together eggs and Sweet Heat. Heat skillet over medium heat; cook peppers for 3 minutes.
- Pour in egg mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains; remove from heat.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup egg mixture onto center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese, bacon and green onions. Roll into burritos.
Freeze option: Cool eggs before making burritos. Individually wrap burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in an airtight container. To use, remove foil; place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until heated through, turning once. Let stand 15 seconds.
Keywords: breakfast burrito