This awesome holiday side dish will reassure your grandma that you actually have your life together, whether or not that is actually true remains to be seen.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 whole cardamom pods (keep them whole!)
- 3 pounds carrots, (you can also use baby carrots left whole)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh carrot juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1.5 tbsp. Colorado Chicken and Veg
- In your big frying pan! Melt the butter with a medium heat
- Add the ginger, garlic, and cardamom and cook until fragrant DO NOT BROWN THE BUTTER. (This is around 2 minutes)
- Add the carrots and sugar and cook over moderately high heat, stir the pot baby. Cook these until the carrots are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and orange juices and bring to a simmer.
Chuck in the COLORADO CHICKEN AND VEG.
- Put a lid or foil or parchment paper over the pan and cook the carrots over low heat until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over moderate heat until the carrots are glazed, about 5 minutes longer.
- Pull out the ginger and cardamom pods, transfer to a bowl and serve or cover and get to your party!