Grab a bottle of tequila and your slow cooker, friends. It’s taco time.
Our newest blend Tinga Tomorrow is the ultimate secret weapon for perfect slow cooker tacos every time. Its smoky-spicy tomato flavor is a great way to spice up your weeknights without much effort.
Just think — you can set it tonight and have tinga tomorrow.Print
These chicken tinga tacos are so easy thanks to your slow cooker or crockpot. You’ll never make another crockpot taco recipe again!
- 2-2.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, patted dry
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. The Spice Guy Tinga Tomorrow blend
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Street taco tortillas (we used corn)
- Optional Toppings — cilantro, cotija cheese, avocado, sour cream, etc.
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- While pan is heating, cover chicken breasts on both sides in 1 Tbsp. of Tinga Tomorrow blend.
- Add chicken to skillet and sear 1-2 minutes on both sides to lock in flavor for slow cooker.
- Add diced onion to bottom of the slow cooker, top with seared chicken.
- Add tomatoes and remaining 1 Tbsp. of Tinga Tomorrow. (Add more if you prefer more spice)
- Slow cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3.5.
- When finished, open lid, shred chicken with two forks and mix with liquid. Re-cover and cook on high for at least 30 more minutes.
- Drain excess liquid if needed. Serve on tortillas with optional toppings.