Cooking the perfect holiday turkey can be a daunting experience for most people. It must be juicy, flavorsome, and obviously have crispy skin. Have no fear because we have come up with the only Thanksgiving turkey recipe you will ever need.
One 11-pound turkey, thawed
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1 tablespoon knobs
1 1/2 yellow onions, peeled and halved
4 garlic cloves, peeled
One orange or lemon
PERFECT TURKEY Seasoning
A selection of root vegetables of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Cut the onions and vegetables into similar sizes, around 2x2inches.
3. Use paper towels to dry the skin of the turkey and clean inside the cavity.
4. Slide your (clean) hand between the skin and the breast meat beginning at the cavity opening and slowly separating them into a pocket.
5. Slide three knobs of butter under the breast skin on both sides of the turkey. Try to spread them around evenly.
6. Using the Perfect Turkey spice rub, work the mix into the skin all over the entire bird. Use your hands to press spice rub into the skin and into the cavity. The specially selected ingredients like smoked paprika, salt, garlic, spices, lemon peel, orange peel, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and sugar will marinate and infuse into the bird’s meat and caramelize for a crispy skin.
7. Stuff the cavity with the onion halves, citrus, and garlic cloves.
8. Move the turkey to a roasting pan with a rack to avoid a soggy bird.
9. Use a large piece of foil, just big enough to fully cover the turkey breast and mold it over the entire breast area. (This will ensure the breasts don’t overcook and become dry)
10. Roast the turkey for 2 hours and then carefully remove the foil from the turkey breasts. Then, increase the temperature to 400 F and cook the bird for another hour. Using an instant-read thermometer, check the internal temperature by getting a reading from the meatiest part of the thigh. The ideal temperature is 165 degrees F. Make sure the skin has crisped up and become a deep golden color.
11. Remove the turkey from the oven (remember it is heavy and hot!) and let it rest for the appropriate time for the weight. Then carve.
Serve with your selection of root vegetables and favorite sides. Give thanks and enjoy.